Nov. 13 +14|
Register today for an audition slot for PETER AND THE STARCATCHER
Time & Location
Nov. 13 +14
Rochester, 875 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14605, USA
About the Event
PETER AND THE STARCATCHER AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
For Students in Grades 6 - 9
Calling performers in Grades 6 - 9 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the show prior to your audition, as we obviously can’t promise lead roles to everyone. Every role, ensemble included, will be exciting and fun, as well as a valuable experience. Each cast member is crucial to the success of the show. Auditions are by appointment only.
AUDITIONS DATES (your appointment will be on only one date):
Sunday, November 13, 7 - 8pm
Monday, November 14, 6 - 8pm
CALLBACKS (if called):
Thursday, November 17, 6 - 8pm
ORIENTATION (for CAST and PARENTS) and READ-THRU:
Monday, November 21, 6:00 - 9:00pm
REHEARSALS: See Commitment Calendar Dates vary (you may not be called for all rehearsals and may only be called for a portion of a rehearsal).
PERFORMANCES: 2/10/22 @ 7:30pm 2/11/22 @ 2:00pm 2/11/22 @ 7:30pm 2/12/22 @ 2:00pm
Tony-winning Peter and the Starcatcher upends the century-old story of how a miserable orphan comes to be The Boy Who Would Not Grow Up (a.k.a. Peter Pan). A wildly theatrical adaptation of Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson’s best-selling novels, the play was conceived for the stage by directors, Roger Rees and Alex Timbers, and written by Rick Elice, with music by Wayne Barker. From marauding pirates and jungle tyrants to unwilling comrades and unlikely heroes, Peter and the Starcatcher playfully explores the depths of greed and despair... and the bonds of friendship, duty and love.
A young orphan and his mates are shipped off from Victorian England to a distant island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. They know nothing of the mysterious trunk in the captain’s cabin, which contains a precious, otherworldly cargo. At sea, the boys are discovered by a precocious young girl named Molly, a Starcatcher-in-training who realizes that the trunk’s precious cargo is starstuff, a celestial substance so powerful that it must never fall into the wrong hands. When the ship is taken over by pirates – led by the fearsome Black Stache, a villain determined to claim the trunk and its treasure for his own – the journey quickly becomes a thrilling adventure. A show unlike any other, this “play with music” will challenge and grow the performance skills of each cast member beyond their wildest imagination. If you love Peter Pan, you should audition. If you dislike Peter Pan, you should audition!
Artistic Director - Chris Martin
Music Director - Lyndsey Lord
Choreographer - Alisha Love
Production Manager - Carolyn Curran
• $375 Commitment Fee for musical theater training to develop your talent in singing, movement, and character development in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a costuming fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
• Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
• Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
• 32 bars from a upbeat musical theater song. Pick a song you love to sing, be yourself, and focus on storytelling. Be prepared to sing entire song if asked. Please do not prepare a song from Peter and the Starcatcher.
• How to prepare your accompaniment music for auditions: If copied, hole-punch the music and put in a binder. The music should be on the front and back of each page. If only printed on one side, tape the pages together so they are back-to-back or put them back to back in a non-glare sleeve. If music is bound, it should lay flat when open.
• You will be asked to read a scene — no preparation needed.
• A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
• A resume, if available
• Shoes and appropriate clothes to dance in (no flip flops, crocs, etc.) — you will be taught a short dance combination to be performed in a group.
• Sheet music (not CD’s) in a binder for your audition song in the the key in which you will sing (sheet music is available in local music stores and online — www.sheetmusicplus.com or www.musicnotes.com for example). An Accompanist will be provided (“a cappella” audition songs will not be accepted).
• If you have questions about what to prepare or what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
LOCATION: Auditions, rehearsals and performances are held at:
STAGES 875 E. Main Street, Suite 380 Auditorium Center, Third Floor Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Carolyn@MJTStages.com
Hope to see you at the audition!