Sat, Sep 17|
TICKETS ON SALE
Stages of the Game Teen Improv Troupe, performing at the 2022 Rochester Fringe Festival
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2022, 6:30 PM – Sep 24, 2022, 6:30 PM
Rochester, 875 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14605, USA
About the Event
STAGES OF THE GAME TEEN IMPROV TROUPE
KeyBank Rochester Fringe Festival 2022
For Students in Grades 8 - 12
Coached by Hilary Bluestein-Lyons
AUDITIONS (by appointment only):
Monday, August 8, 6:30-8:00 PM
For an audition appointment:
- Sign in to the MyStages Parent Portal at http://bit.ly/MyStages.
- (Create an account if you don't have one yet.)
- Click on Youth Membership.
- Update the member profile for each student, especially contact information, school and grade info for 2021-2022, and medical and emergency contact information.
- Select the student, and click on Join (or Enroll in) a Program.
- Select the School Year 2022-2023 Season.
- Select a Program.
- Select the audition session.
- Click the Process button.
Calling performers in Grades 8 – 12 -- serious performers willing to work as part of a team to share their talents, refine their skills, and create a high quality show.
Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend. Please consider your commitment to the troupe and show prior to your audition. Each troupe member is crucial to the success of the show. The experience will be exciting, fun and valuable.
- A headshot or school picture, which will not be returned
- A resume, if available
- Appropriate, comfortable clothes and shoes for physical comedy (no flip flops, crocs, etc.)
- You will be taught and asked to play a series of improv games — no preparation needed.
- If you have questions about what to expect at the audition, don’t hesitate to email or call us.
You will be called to all rehearsals and need to have no more than two conflicts (See Commitment Calendar).
Two performances will be held at the Rochester Fringe Festival performance venue:
Multi-Use Community Cultural Center (MuCCC)
142 Atlantic Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
- September 17 @ 12:30 p.m.
- September 24 @ 4:30 p.m.
- $160 Commitment Fee for comedy/improv performance training to develop your talent in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. Includes a t-shirt fee. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance available.
- Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
- Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
Teens will explore the basic elements of comedy improv such as building relationships, character development, listening and agreeing, within the framework of short-form improv, in the style of the popular TV show “Whose Line is it Anyway.” Over a period of seven 2-hour rehearsals, the group will learn a variety of improv games, culminating in two performances at the Rochester Fringe Festival. Oh yeah, and they’re going to have a ton of FUN!
Auditions and rehearsals are held at:
875 E. Main Street
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages’ audition.
Performances held at Multi-Use Community Cultural Center (MuCCC)
Address: 142 Atlantic Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607
935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Lisa@MJTStages.com
Hope to see you at the audition!