Wed, Aug 25|
AUDITIONS (Grades 1-5)
Register today for MOANA JR! (All who enroll before we reach capacity are IN the show!)
Time & Location
Aug 25, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Rochester, 875 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14605, USA
About the Event
For Students in Grades 1 - 5
Directed by Donnell Adler
Choreographed by Carly Lenzi
Enrollment is first come, first served. Everyone with confirmed registrations will receive a role in the show!
Click HERE to register for MOANA JR.
- Sign in to the MyStages Parent Portal (linked above) or create an account if you don't have one yet.
- Click on Youth Membership.
- Update the member profile for each student, especially contact information, school and grade info for 2021-2022, and medical and emergency contact information.
- Select the student, and click on Join (or Enroll in) a Program.
- Select the School Year 2021-2022 Season.
- Select a Program.
- Click the Process button.
Dates vary — see Commitment Calendar.
Parent and Student Orientation and Casting session is on Wednesday, August 25, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. Parents will be dismissed after the first 30 minutes.
Casting will occur at the casting session date. All enrolled will be in the show. No need to prepare anything for the casting session. The artistic staff casts the show with the overall needs of the show in mind. There is plenty to be learned in whatever role a student is cast in. Parents, please encourage your child to do their best to learn all aspects of their role(s) and help them understand that theater is a team activity.
We expect that children will be available for all performances. The success of this show depends on team players making rehearsals a priority so the show can move forward. However, we understand families have busy lives. Please recognize that conflicts are taken into consideration when casting and scheduling so that there is adequate time for the show to be taught. You may not be called to attend all rehearsals. Some rehearsals may only be small groups for scenes/songs/dances. There may be rehearsals for only a portion of the time.
- Friday, November 12 @ 7:00 p.m. (call at 5:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, November 13 @ 12:30 p.m. (call at 12:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, November 13 @ 7:00 p.m. (call at 5:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, November 14 @ 2:00 p.m. (call at 12:30 p.m.), followed by Strike and Party
- $320 Commitment Fee for performance training to develop your talent in singing, movement, and character development in a supportive, nurturing environment culminating in full performances. A limited amount of partial tuition assistance is available.
- Attend all rehearsals to which you are called.
- Families are asked to contribute volunteer hours in a variety of production areas to help make the show a success.
See the line where the sky meets the sea? You’ll love this thrilling and heartwarming stage adaptation of the coming-of-age tale of Moana as she sets sail across the Pacific to save her village and discover the truth about her heritage. She and the demigod Maui embark on an epic journey of self-discovery and camaraderie as she learns to harness the power that lies within. Adapted for young performers, this musical includes favorite songs by Tony®, GRAMMY, Emmy, and Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Lin-Manuel Miranda, Opetaia Foa’i, and Mark Mancina, such as “How Far I’ll Go,” “Shiny,” and “You’re Welcome.” With its empowering message of bravery, Moana JR. is sure to awaken your inner hero!
Auditions, rehearsals, and performances are held at:
Third Floor, Auditorium Center
875 E. Main Street, Suite 380
Rochester, NY 14605
Parking located behind the building (enter from College Ave). Tell the attendant you are attending a Stages rehearsal.
CANCELLED SESSION: Stages reserves the right to cancel any show session for any reason, in which case tuition for the show will be fully refunded.
WITHDRAWAL POLICY: Prior to August 23, the participation fee minus $100 cancellation fee, is refundable. After that date, tuition is non-refundable except in the case of illness or emergency that prevents the child from starting show. (The $100 cancellation fee is not refundable.)
LOCATION: All rehearsals and performances take place at Stages, Auditorium Center, 3rd floor, 875 E. Main St, Rochester.
PARKING: If an event is taking place at the Auditorium Theatre, you may be charged to park. Tell the attendant you are with “Stages” to receive a discount.
QUESTIONS: 585-935-7173 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or email Sherry@mjtstages.com.
Hope to see you soon!